Search This Blog

Wednesday 10 March 2010

McLEOD CRITICISED AFTER 999 CALL

Ryan McLeod has been given a formal reprimand by the Leicesterhire Constabulary after he called an ambulance this morning to attend to his "badly hurt" iPhone. Paramedics were rushed to the 24 year-old's apartment after reports of a "software malfunction". A spokesperson for the Loughborough Ambulance Service called the phone call "irresponsible". "We deal principally with human beings," he said "the Ambulance Service do not deal with telephones, computers or anything else." The news comes just days after the Fire Service were called in by McLeod in a quest to locate a missing PS3 Controller.

The Tipton Harrier, however, was unrepentant. Speaking shortly after defeating Scott Overall in a 'death match' he said, "they were both emergencies. I genuinely thought my phone was broken. I couldn't open Facebook or anything." McLeod also dismissed suggestions that his behaviour was irresponsible. "If there had actually been a fire then I wouldn't be able to actually call anyone if my phone was broken. It's just lucky that Fairbourn's [McLeod's housemate] phone was on hand this time." When asked about the PS3 controller hunt, he hailed "a great success". "Thankfully we found it OK. I don't know what I would have done otherwise".

Leicestershire Police confirmed that they have had "firm words" with the 24 year-old over the two incidents. "It is unacceptable, particularly from someone like Mr. McLeod who so many youngsters look up to." McLeod did not share the same opinion. "They've got it in for me," thundered the 13:58 5k man, "ever since I got done with 3 penalty points for tinted windows, I have been getting right dirty looks of 'em all [all Police Officers]." McLeod added that he was prepared to take his case to the Independent Police Complaints Commission.