Search This Blog

Wednesday 9 June 2010

THE ANDREW LEMONCELLO DIARIES.....

Every Wednesday, the Echo will now be taking a sneaky peek into the diaries of some of our nation’s best. This week, it’s Britain’s new revelation over the marathon- Andrew Lemoncello.

Monday 24th May

Woke up early this morning and got a run in- 12 miles at marathon pace. I was really disappointed with the level of support offered by passers-by. It was like no one was interested that I was running and they all seemed miserable to me. It reminded me of London, where the crowd support was the worst I have ever seen and certainly cost me at least 3 minutes. The run itself was fine and when I got in, I had my standard glass of lemon squash and listened to my favourite cello music.

The afternoon was spent interviewing for a new cleaner! I have come to the decision that I just do not have the time to be cleaning my house anymore. Unfortunately, I was not able to appoint on this occasion, as I didn’t feel the interviewee would be very supportive when I made my lunch. Despite this lack of support, managed to get an easy 8 mile run in this evening.

Tuesday 25th May

Decided against running today as I felt that I was not giving myself enough support. It is hard to motivate yourself in an environment like that and so then it is best just not to run rather than risk underperforming. Actually spent the day clothes shopping! I tried on various outfits before settling on one in Gap. I then bought four exactly the same, to avoid having to make difficult choices every morning. Was really disappointed with the lack of support offered when I asked for a discount.

Wednesday 26th May

Did 48 miles today, as my coach was really unsupportive when I told him that I had not run yesterday. I thought about it and opted to make all the miles up today so as to avoid difficult days ahead. Really struggled to get out of the house this morning as I couldn’t decide which pair of sunglasses to wear. I have some brand new Oakleys (which I didn’t use in London and that cost me over 2 minutes) but I also have some Ray Bans. In the end I went for an old pair of Nike ones as I just couldn’t make up my mind. After much thought, I decided not to wear my Garmin today.

Thursday 27th May

Didn’t run today as I was really tired for some reason. Can’t understand why. Went food shopping and no one seemed to know who I was. I find this odd as I was wearing my ‘LEMONCELLO’ bib from the London Marathon. Can Americans not read? I bought my usual shopping list, which includes 25 lemons and absolutely no oranges. I hate oranges they are by far the worst citrus fruit and I would encourage anyone to join my petition to get the Orange banned on Facebook.

Friday 28th May

Did 56 miles today, as I have been slacking a bit. This included a session, which went badly for some reason. Don’t know why, but I have decided to part company with my coach as a result. When he was shouting my splits on the track, there was no real support in there. It was almost as if he didn’t know that I was British! I was really tired after my evening run and so decided to relax by squeezing some lemons and throwing darts at my Mo Farah poster.

NEXT WEEK: Ryan McLeod.